I’ve seen this pie floating around on runninglau’s blog and Instagram and always wanted to give it a try since it’s healthy and looks so yummy! Unfortunately the original recipe is not vegan, so I veganized it! I just substituted the eggs with an ingredient everyone has at home and also I made it more fitting for the hclf lifestyle by cutting out the sunflower seeds. It turned out heavenly!
- 100g rolled oats
- 60g whole wheat flour
- 2,5 tsps baking powder
- 15g flax seeds
- 100g dried cranberries
- 1 banana
- 300g apple sauce (you can use homemade applesauce without sugar if you try to avoid sugar)
- put the oats into your blender and blend until it has a flour-like consistency
- mash the banana and mix it with the apple sauce
- combine all dry ingredients (not the cranberries!)
- put dry ingredients and applesauce-banana mix together and stir well until the batter has a nice texture
- now add the cranberries, stir well and add into a baking form (I used one made of rubber so I didn’t need to add fat, so you maybe need to ad some fat)
- bake for about 30 minutes at 180°C, test by sticking a toothpick into the cake, there shouldn’t be any batter sticking onto the toothpick
- top with some rolled oats and some cranberries and your done!